Friday 2 October 2009

New book from Cath Kidston - "Sew" book review

I have just had the best start this morning in ages. I have been awaiting for weeks and finally at 7.35am this morning, there was a knock on the door. Special delivery of the new, soon to be best selling book by Cath Kidston.

At the time of writing, it has just gone 9am. I have already had my first read cover to cover, and the book is fabulous. As the name of the book suggests, there are loas of items to make and sew. The long list includes, cushions, napkins, egg cosies, aprons, quilts, bags and even a specs case - all really useful items, for the novice and expert needlecrafter alike. This book have been publish just in time for the Christmas market - (yikes did I say Christmas in October? Sorry). You will therefore have plenty of time to study the book, collect materials and make all those lovely handmade gifts for the forthcoming holiday season.

The illustrations as ever are clear and colourful, the easy to follow instructions excellent and in general, this is a must purchase for the Cath Kidston euthuist.

There are a number of useful tips, with suggestions on equipment and sewing machines. But the really great thing about this book is the additional pack of materials, which includes everything you need to make a bag, plus a reuseable paper pattern sheet for all the sewing projects in the book.

I am so excited about this book, and all the things I am going to make from it. I will try to post my attempts over the coming weeks and months. Needless to say I am already looking forward to the next book. Just not being woken up at 7.35am.

No comments:

Post a Comment