Monday 31 August 2009

Ah, the last day of August...

... and it is freezing.  It seems that autumn is already getting ready to make its mark.  You will discover that I am not a winter person. Yes I know we need winter, but that does not mean I have to like it.

I am happy that my drive to plant every available square inch of land in my garden seems to be paying off.  Even the strange looks from my neighbours as I dragged bag after bag after bag of compost from one end of the garden to the other, was worth it.  Especially as those same neighbours peer through their windows, green with envy, as I fill another basket with bounty from the garden.

The only bad thing is that I have run out of friends and relatives, to whom I can palm off my surplus fruit and veg to.  My cupboards are full of jams, jellies and pickles.  My freezer is rapidly filling up and I am now considering using one of the bedrooms as extra food storage space. Still with all the problems in the world today, this is a nice one to have.

So we say a warm goodbye to summer and hello to autumn - I'd better go and find my duvet.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment